Student Computer Care Guidelines
Caring for your School Laptop
Quick tips for keeping your school laptop running smoothly
- Bring your computer to school fully charged (and remember your charger!)
- Restart daily when you get to school.
- Keep food and drink away from your computer
- Be gentle when typing, clicking, and opening and closing the lid.
- Use removable tape (label maker is OK), to label your computer and charger. No stickers, permanent markers, adhesives, etc.
- Carrying your laptop in an overstuffed backpack could lead to screen damage. Make sure there is plenty of room. You may want to use a padded laptop case if you're worried about it getting squished!
- AT HOME: Leave your device plugged in, powered on, and connected to WIFi overnight to charge your computer and download/install updates.