Student Laptop Use and Care Acknowledgement
Downloadable Translated Versions Below
Students in the Mukilteo School District have greater access to laptop computers for learning! Secondary students in grades 6-12 check out and transport their laptop between school and home. Elementary students will have access to their own laptop in their classroom to use throughout the day. While Elementary laptops will remain at school most of time, there may be times when Elementary students will take a laptop home.
The purpose is to increase access and ensure that each student has a laptop readily available to support their learning. It is important to note that while students will have immediate access to a laptop, it does not mean that teachers will utilize laptops one hundred percent of their instructional time.
Please read the information below to acknowledge that you understand.
Families will be sent the information below through Parentsquare to acknowledge they have read:
- Students will bring their computer to school each day fully charged and ready to use.
- Students will not leave their computer unsecured at any time while at school or in a public place.
- Students or parents/guardians will not remove the district barcode label or mark their computer in any way with markers, stickers, scratches, engravings, etc.
- Students or parents/guardians will inform their teacher or school if they have issues with their computer.
- Students or parents/guardians will not attempt to add, remove, modify, or repair any hardware, applications, filtering, monitoring, and/or operating system in any way.
- Students will not use their computers for behaviors that are not suitable or proper for a school setting and impede the educational rights of others to learn in accordance with the Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook (https://www.mukilteoschools.org/domain/2576).
- Students and parents/guardians understand that computer privileges may be lost because of inappropriate behavior. If federal, state, and/or local laws are violated, additional actions may be taken outside of the school district.
- Students and parents/guardians understand that stolen or missing student computers must be reported to school within 24 hours, or on the next school day.
- Students and parents/guardians understand that the computer will be returned to the school/district when requested.
- Students and parents/guardians shall be responsible for the cost of replacing materials or property which are lost or damaged due to negligence in accordance with the Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook (https://www.mukilteoschools.org/domain/2576).
إقرار باستعمال اللاب توب و العناية به
Laptop Use and Care Acknowledgement
랩탑 사용 및 관리 승인
Правила пользования и ухода за компьютером
Responsabilidades de uso y cuidado de la computadora portátil (Laptop)
Правила користування та догляду за комп’ютером
Xác nhận việc Sử dụng và Chăm sóc Máy tính Xách tay