Student Internet Access Resources
For the 2012-22 school year, students who need support with home internet access are directed to the following resources:
- If the student is eligible for Free and Reduced Lunch, they are eligible to sign up for the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Plans. The EBB provides residential plans in our area for Comcast and Ziply, and they also offer mobile cellular hotspots. More information and links to sign up can be found here: https://www.k12.wa.us/about-ospi/press-releases/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-resources/k%E2%80%9312-internet-access-program
- If the student is NOT eligible for Free and Reduced Lunch, Mukilteo School District has retained limited hotspots that can be requested through the school’s office via mySupport.
- If residential internet service is not available at your home, Mukilteo School District has retained limited hotspots that can be requested through the school’s office via mySupport.
2020-21 SPECIAL NOTES:
- 2020-21 Mobile Hotspots - Hotspots that were provided to students during the 2020-21 school year have been deactivated and parents were notified to turn in by June 30th, 2021. If school staff find that a student still has one, or the student turns the hotspot in, it should be returned to Technology Services at the District Office immediately.
- 2020-21 Comcast Sponsored Plans - MSD Comcast Sponsored Plans for the 2020-21 school year were deactivated on August 15, 2021. Parents were notified and encouraged to transition to the FCC EBB plans mentioned above to continue service.
- 2020-21 OSPI Sponsored Plans (Comcast or Ziply) - OSPI Sponsored Plans for the 2020-21 school year expired on June 30, 2021. Parents were notified and encouraged to sign up to transition to the FCC EBB plans mentioned above.